TALE is open to SMEs with a logistics function including freight transport, manufacturing and distribution and any company moving goods from A to B. Your company must be engaged in the sale of goods and services, this includes social enterprises.
An SME is defined as follows:
- Fewer than 250 employees
- Turnover maximum €50m/£44m
- Balance Sheet maximum €43m/£38m
- Totals apply to your company or group of companies if more than 25% owned by another concern
The deadline for TALE Lite and TALE Grant applications is the 30th April 2022.
TALE Business Support Facilitators – Patrick Maynard, Sian Dowell and Fred Thomas
Applying for support
- Your first step should be to contact us.
- If your company is eligible for support we’ll assign you a Business Support Facilitator (BSF) who will answer any questions you have and arrange a business diagnostic session with you.
- During your business diagnostic, your BSF will seek to better understand how you use data and technology in relation to your logistics functions and identify your strengths and areas where you would benefit from our support.
- Your BSF will then send you a Diagnostic Support Plan explaining how we can support you with a grant or 1:1 support. They will also suggest other business support organisations or funding schemes that could help.
- If your company is eligible for 1:1 support (or group coaching) we’ll send you a simple application form to complete, and your BSF will arrange an introduction to the appropriate mentor.
- If a project has been identified and your company is eligible for a TALE Lite or TALE Grant your BSF will guide you through the grant application process and help you to complete your grant application form.
- Your grant application will be assessed by our external panel who will make a decision within three weeks. You will need to submit quotations for the work with your application (visit our Directory of potential suppliers).
- Once your grant has been approved, an agreement pack will be sent to you to sign and you can start working on your project. Important: You cannot receive grant funding for any costs incurred prior to grant approval. We cannot release funds retrospectively for activities that have already occurred.
- Your company pays 100% of the project costs up-front. You then provide us with evidence of the expenditure so we can give you the approved 40% of the project costs back. Once all evidence has been processed, payments reach your business bank account in 7-10 working days.
We have a limited number of grants available on a first-come-first-served basis.